Behmor 1600 Plus Coffee Roaster
This quiet and reliable home coffee roaster produces excellent coffee. After a few roasts you will be a "Master Roaster" with the profiles and time settings.
Put in your 4-16 ounces of green coffee beans and choose your batch size, profile and then time settings. Just hit the cool button when your desired roast is achieved.
Plus, its smoke free up to a medium dark roast, but can be used to roast darker as well. Excellent support from Behmor.
The Basics (Behmor 1600 Plus):
Capacity: 4-16 Ounce
Heat Settings: Automatic Roasting Curves (5 to choose) or manual override (5 to choose) based on % voltage to heating elements (100%, 80% etc..)
Fan Settings: None, its a drum roaster.
Roast Times: 12-24 minutes (excluding cool)
Venting: Needed - Well ventilated area or stove top vent that goes outdoors is great
Ease of use: Hard - A bit challenging to pick up, has a learning curve to hit target roast.
Batch Roasting: No
We think the Behmor 1600 is one of the best home coffee roasters but does require one to be more attentive to the roast than the other units. Easily the best value for a roaster; it is one powerful and versatile machine but also one of the more challenging units to use. Definitely for the coffee connoisseur who will enjoy the larger batch sizes along with the ability to change up the roasting curves but doesn't mind being a little more attentive to the roaster.
A couple new improvements to this batch of Behmor Plus units: (Oct 14')
- New unlocked profiles (custom mode) - One can overide the profile and set % voltage to the heaters
- Temp readout on LCD from 2 places
- Ability to increase drum speed
- New easier to clean roaster case
- New cross grid small screen drum
- The new Behmor 1600 Plus Model
- A six pound bag of green coffee, your choice!
- Free ground shipping within continental US
Select "free ground shipping for all roaster purchases" upon checkout
Free ground shipping within continental US Select "free ground shipping for all roaster purchases" upon checkout
Behmor 1600 Plus Coffee Roaster
The improved chaff collector, small screen drum, and a 6 lb. bag of your choice
- Largest batch size of any home coffee roaster
- Great reburner for semi-smokeless roasting (until you hit a dark roast)
- Easy to use control panel
- Inbound cool mode for easy start to finish roasting
- A variety of time settings
- 5 different heat settings (plus an additonal 5 with the new plus model)
- Ability to adjust roast time during the roast (on the fly)
- RoHS Compliant
- A very quiet roaster - most can hear the cracks very easily
- Thermostatically controlled quartz roasting elements
- Electrical specs: 1630 watts 15 amps 120 volts (very high draw device)
- Dimensions Length: 17.5 Height: 10.5 Depth: 12.5
The cylinder has been designed to roast any bean type (except maybe a small broken screen - which would be non-premium beans)
The chaff collector now lets you see the beans better with flaps to help catch the chaff.
The Behmor 1600 is a pretty smart and advanced unit using a variety of sensors along with user input to custom tailor the roast.
Behmor Inc. is the manufacture of the Behmor 1600 home coffee roaster and they provide a 1-year warranty. You will have to fill out the warranty card to receive benefits. Call them directly 775-833-3363, if you are having difficulty with the roaster. Also, be sure and let us know, we will help!
Find what you're
About Green Coffee Beans
Find out interesting factoids about growing Coffee Beans, processing techniques, and what goes into making a great Specialty Coffee Bean.
Learn more about the Taste of Good Coffee
Great Gift Idea
We now have E- Gift Certificates!
The gift certificate recipient will need to create an online Burman Coffee account to redeem it (free and not challenging - works best for existing customers).
The gift certificate acts as an account credit when the code is entered. Make sure you have entered your recipient's correct e-mail address!