Some frequently asked questions from the Hearthware site:
Advanced features include:
- The I-Roast 2 is for all brewing systems and fully adjustable - Roasts light, dark, and everything in between. Patented voltage control circuit guarantees consistent roasting performance. Two Preset Automatic Roasting Curves for large or small batch sizes.
- Glass roasting pot allows clear visibility, giving you complete control of the roast.This coffee roaster offers full chaff collection and comes apart for easy cleaning.
- User can set up roasting curves(up to ten profiles that you can save), or use preset roasting curves: At each of the five roasting stages, temperature is accurately controlled. This is a function that only the most sophisticated machines have. This is the very first time it has been used in a home roaster.
- Accurate roasting time and temperature adjustment: Roasting time can be changed by 1 second and roasting temperature can be adjusted by 5°F or 2°C increments.
- Check the roasting temperature during the roasting cycle: Built-in function for users to check the roasting temperature: no need for thermometers any more. It gives the user a clear idea of the inside temperature.
- Increase/decrease roasting time during roasting: It gives the user the flexibility of controlling the final roasting results.
- Built-in 10 memory function. The user can save, recall, or delete up to 10 roast profiles.
- Patented wind tunnel and thermoflector design for even roasting
- LCD display shows time, temperature, stages, and other functional/processing/error information.
How this coffee roaster works
- Chaff Collector Lid
- Chaff filter Mesh
- Chaff Collector Base
- Glass roasting pot
- Power Base Assembly
- Miscellaneous Brush
A directed stream of hot air moves upward through the beans, both roasting and mixing the beans to provide an even roast.
The airstream then carries the chaff away from the roasted bean and moves it into the collector surrounding the top neck of the roasting pot, safely away from the roasted beans.
The final minutes of the roasting cycle are a special cool down mode (roasting requires temperatures in the neighborhood of 450 degrees), which cools the beans and the roaster to a comfortable temperature.
- A 3 lb bundle of green coffee, your choice
- Free ground shipping within continental US
Select "free ground shipping for all roaster purchases" upon checkout
Out Of Stock
List Price $199.00
Shipping Weight: 11.00 pounds
Now includes free ground shipping.
Your choice of a free 3 lb. bundle of green coffee.
Add One to Basket
Available as set with grinder and free coffee sampler
Hearthware is the manufacturer for these roasters and provides a 1 year warranty. You can reach them directly at:
If you have questions about the roaster, service issues, or need some advice please let us know!
Coffee roasters, coffee grinders, Chemex coffee makers, and related
home coffee roasting appliances are important compliments to producing
truly gourmet coffee from green coffee beans. At BurmanCoffee.com
these are carefully selected for the Home Coffee Roaster.